For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Q: How long does the fabrication and installation process take?
A: After you have chosen the type of stone you want, we will template the space you are designing or remodeling. There is a seven day turnaround from the date of template to the date of installation.
Q: Who disconnects my plumbing and electrical connections before installation?
A: We are not licensed plumbers or electricians and therefore cannot disconnect OR reconnect any plumbing or electrical connections.
Q: Can granite crack or scratch?
A: Granite can crack, but not with ordinary use. Standing on top of it, hitting it with a hammer or meat cleaver may cause it to crack. We recommend using a cutting board to cleave/hammer/pound meat. Granite is highly resistant to scratching in ordinary use but can be scratched by another piece of granite or specially sharpened tools.
Q: How do you clean granite?
A: Warm, soapy water is a great option. However, there are relatively inexpensive 3 in 1 cleaners out there that cleans, polishes, and protects your granite.
Q: How should I prepare for installation and how long will it take?
A: The average two slab kitchen usually takes 2-4 hours from start to finish. You can prepare for our arrival by:
- Clearing entry ways that we will be accessing
- Removing any breakables from the areas we will be accessing
- Covering up items in the area and in the cabinets that you will want to stay clean as we do drill holes and cut on site which creates some dust
- Having any faucets, soap dispensers, water spigots, etc. that will need to have holes drilled ready to go
- Having all appliances (dishwasher, range, refrigerator, etc.) set in their final place
Q: Will my granite have visible seams?
A: We do our best to minimize the number of seams but most jobs will require at least one joint. We do our best to color match the glue we set the seams with to the color of your stone.